- This event has passed.
Learn to See Differently with Black and White Photography
June 19 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm UTC-8$99
Though black & white has been around since the beginning of photography, many photographers have not fully explored its creative potential. Working with black & white requires a different way of thinking about how light interacts with subjects and how we see differently in black & white as opposed to color.
This brand new class dives deep into the subject of black & white photography. We will explore many of the nuances that make or break a great black & white photo. You will learn some of the classic concepts of working with black & white and see how they relate to modern photographic techniques. Subjects include but are not limited to:
- Difference between black & white and monochrome
- Why do people shoot black & white
- The psychology of black & white photography
- Which types of images translate best to black & white
- The difference between color contrast and tonal contrast
- Ansel Adams’ Zone System and how it applies to digital postproduction
- The power of an intentional approach to black & white photography
- Tips for shooting B&W digital in-camera
- Black & white editing techniques for Lightroom Classic and Adobe Camera Raw
- Tips for getting great black & white prints on Epson and Canon printers
This class will be held online using Zoom. It will be an interactive meeting where you will still be able to participate and ask questions.
-Handout links will be sent to students prior to class.
-A recording of the class will be available to students after the class.
* If you’re not able to attend, by registering you will still receive a link to the recorded class.