Lightroom Classic Develop Module: Basic – Online Class
October 10 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm UTC-8$99
Understanding Lightroom Classic’s Develop module is the key to making your photos look their best. The Develop module’s non-destructive editing sliders and tools enable you to explore different options while having the ability to undo any edits at any time. Having a good understanding of how these features are used and when to use them makes all the difference when editing important photos. This class will explore the Develop module and take you through the basics to show you how a few simple adjustments can help make your photos pop.
Some of the things you’ll learn:
- Understanding the histogram and shadow and highlight clipping
- Understanding and using profiles to get the look you like
- Fine tuning overall tone and midtone contrast with the Basic panel
- Using the Tone Curve panel to fine tune contrast
- Comparing and contrasting Texture, Clarity and Dehaze controls
- Exploring the difference between Vibrance and Dehaze
- Adjusting color with white balance and the HSL panel
- Synchronizing develop setting to groups of similar photos
- Methods for using the crop panel to find the perfect crop
- Spot removal using clone and heal
This class will be held online using the Zoom app. It will be an interactive meeting where you will still be able to participate and ask questions. It is best that you use a computer with a microphone and speaker to join the meeting, though you can use your phone for the audio portion of the meeting if necessary.
* Handouts will be sent to students prior to class.
** Students will receive an email with instructions for downloading the app and joining the meeting on your computer
*** A recording of the class will be available to students after the class.
**** If you aren’t sure which version of Lightroom you’re using, check out this article that compares Lightroom versions.