- This event has passed.
Mastering the Lightroom Classic Develop Module
February 22, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm PST$249
One of Lightroom Classic’s most important features is the non-destructive editing tools contained in the Develop module. Having a good understanding of how these tools are used and when to use them makes all the difference when editing important photos. This daylong class is designed for photographers who are ready to experience the Lightroom Classic Develop module first hand. (The Lightroom 6 Develop module is very similar so LR6 users are welcome.) You will be guided through the editing process so that you can develop muscle memory as you explore the Develop module’s tools and techniques and how they’re used to create finished images. By the end of this class you’ll know everything you need to know to begin transforming your photos from bland to grand.
Some of the things you’ll learn:
- How to build a solid foundation using the Basic panel.
- The importance of shadow and highlight clipping and how to determine if and when to let shadows and highlights clip.
- Best methods for working with color: using profiles, white balance, and HSL.
- Quick methods for dialing-in midtone contrast with the Tone Curve panel.
- Proven methods for creating black & white images that pop.
- Working with the Graduated and Radial filters, including how to use the Range Mask feature for ultimate control.
- Using the Adjustment Brush to add finishing touches to your photos.
- Quick and easy geometric adjustments to straighten crooked lines.
- You’ll also learn about the latest features and how to integrate them into your workflow.
Hands-on class – Students should bring a laptop computer with Lightroom installed.
** If you aren’t sure which version of Lightroom you’re using, check out this article that compares Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic CC.