Photoshop for Lightroom Users
June 1 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm PDT$249
Most basic Photoshop classes are designed for people new to editing. They tend to cover lots of things Lightroom users already know how to do, such as tonal adjustments and cropping. Photoshop for Lightroom Users was designed specifically for Lightroom Classic CC users who are ready to add the additional power of Photoshop to their editing workflow. This workshop enables students to focus on the aspects of Photoshop they need to know without wasting time with concepts they already know don’t need to learn.
- Comparing the Lightroom and Photoshop workflows.
- Determining when and when not to use Photoshop.
- Important things to consider when opening and saving Lightroom images in Photoshop.
- Choosing the best time in the workflow to use Photoshop.
- Advanced color adjustment in Photoshop.
- Understanding and working with layers.
- Using selection tools to isolate content.
- Exploring the power and flexibility of layer masks.
- Working with Photoshop’s advanced retouching tools.
** This is a hands-on class and registration is limited. Students should bring a laptop with both Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop installed on it. Practice images will be supplied in class.
** If you aren’t sure which version of Lightroom you’re using, check out this article that compares Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic CC.