Photoshop for Lightroom Classic Users
October 26 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm PDT$249
Lightroom Classic is a powerful program that can handle ninety percent of most photographers’ workflows. But there are times when the editing task at hand requires Photoshop’s advanced tools and techniques, such as masking, compositing or detailed retouching. The main problem with most introductory Photoshop classes is they cover many things Lightroom Classic users already know how to do in Lightroom, such as tonal and color adjustments, and cropping. Photoshop for Lightroom Classic Users was designed specifically for people who are ready to add the additional power of Photoshop to their Lightroom Classic editing workflow. This workshop enables students to focus on the aspects of Photoshop they need to know without wasting time on concepts they already understand.
- Comparing Lightroom and Photoshop and how they fit into the workflow.
- Using Photoshop as a plugin for Lightroom.
- Tips for moving seamlessly between the two programs.
- Opening raw and non-raw files in Photoshop.
- Finding photos in Lightroom after they have been edited in Photoshop.
- Choosing the best time in the workflow to use Photoshop.
- Advanced color adjustment in Photoshop.
- Understanding and working with layers.
- Using selection tools to isolate content.
- Exploring the power and flexibility of layer masks.
- Working with Photoshop’s advanced retouching tools.
** This is a hands-on class and registration is limited. Students should bring a laptop with both Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop installed on it. Practice images will be supplied in class.
** If you aren’t sure which version of Lightroom you’re using, check out this article that compares Lightroom versions.