Photoshop for Lightroom Classic Users
November 7 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm PST$99
Lightroom Classic is a powerful program that can handle ninety percent of most photographers’ workflows. But there are times when the editing task at hand requires Photoshop’s advanced tools and techniques, such as masking, compositing or detailed retouching. The main problem with most introductory Photoshop classes is they cover many things Lightroom Classic users already know how to do in Lightroom, such as tonal and color adjustments, and cropping. This class was designed specifically for people who are ready to learn about important Photoshop tools and techniques that can add additional power to their Lightroom Classic editing workflow.
- Comparing Lightroom and Photoshop and how they fit into the workflow.
- Using Photoshop as a plugin for Lightroom.
- Tips for moving seamlessly between the two programs.
- Opening raw and non-raw files in Photoshop.
- Finding photos in Lightroom after they have been edited in Photoshop.
- Choosing the best time in the workflow to use Photoshop.
- Understanding and working with layers.
- Using selection tools to isolate content.
- Exploring the power and flexibility of layer masks.
- Overview of Photoshop’s advanced retouching tools.
** This class will be held in a lecture format. No computer needed. A handout will be provided.
** If you aren’t sure which version of Lightroom you’re using, check out this article that compares Lightroom versions.