Getting Organized with Lightroom Classic – Online Class
October 3 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm UTC-8$99
This class is designed to highlight the important features of Lightroom Classic, and how to stay organized.
One of Lightroom Classic’s strengths is its ability to help you organize your photos so that you can find any photo you are looking for with a few simple clicks. This new class is designed to highlight the important features that make this possible and show you how to use them to organize your Lightroom photos. By the end of this class you will have the tools you need to get your Lightroom Classic catalog hyper-organized.
Some of the things you’ll learn:
- Logical folder organization that makes sense for your photography
- Using colored labels, stars and flags to identify winners and losers
- Adding and removing keywords from individual and groups of photos
- Editing keywords and dealing with duplicate keywords
- Keyword List organization including how and why to nest keywords inside container keywords
- Using the Library Filter Bar to perform advanced searches based on date, text, etc
- Creating and using Collections to group images for projects
- How and why to use Smart Collections and Targeted Collections
- Review of exporting files
This class will be held online using the Zoom app. It will be an interactive meeting where you will still be able to participate and ask questions. It is best that you use a computer with a microphone and speaker to join the meeting, though you can use your phone for the audio portion of the meeting if necessary.
*Handouts will be sent to students prior to class.
**Students will receive an email with instructions for downloading the app and joining the meeting on your computer
***A recording of the class will be available to students after the class.
**** If you aren’t sure which version of Lightroom you’re using, check out this article that compares Lightroom versions.