Learning to Use Lightroom Classic’s Masking Panel – Sponsored by Glazer’s Camera
December 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PST$59
The focus of this mini-class is on one of Lightroom Classic’s newest and most powerful features. The Masking panel, added in the fall of 202,1 brings the power of layers and masks to the Lightroom editing workflow. Now it’s possible to work with gradients and the Adjustment brush in more nuanced and powerful ways. New features such as Select Sky, Select Subject, and color and luminance selections help to simplify the masking process while giving you control over your creative process. This mini-class is designed to bring you up-to-speed with these major improvements so you’ll know how and when to use them to enhance and perfect your photos.
Topics covered in this class include:
- What is Masking?
- How the New Masking Panel Relates to the Old Tools
- Difference Between the Masking Panel and the Masks Panel
- Working with Mask Overlays
- Using Select Sky and Select Subject tools
- Working With New and Improved Gradients
- Understanding Color Range, Luminance Range and Depth Range
- Getting the Most from the Brush Tool
- Adding, Subtracting and Intersecting Masks
Target Audience: This program is suitable for experienced Lightroom Classic users.
*Handouts will be sent to students prior to class.
**Students will receive an email with instructions for downloading the app and joining the meeting on your computer
***A recording of the class will be available to students after the class.
**** If you aren’t sure which version of Lightroom you’re using, check out this article that compares Lightroom versions.